Many people have essential things they like to have when they work out. By having my essentials, I am more motivated and more willing to work out.
- a water bottle: I try to put Chia seeds in my water and drink it throughout the day, it helps to keep me hydrated longer since the seeds absorb the water and sit in your stomach for a while.
- my phone for music: Music helps to keep me motivated. Sometimes I even watch Netflix while working out. It helps pass the time.
- headphones: Headphones help to not disturb other people in the gym, but if you’re outside or in the gym by yourself, I would feel free to blare that music as loud as it can go.
- deodorant: It’s pretty obvious as to why this is an essential so no, I’m not going to explain that to you.
- hair tie: I find it distracting and annoying when my hair is in my face so I like to keep it in a bun. A bun is better for me than a ponytail because I don’t like how a ponytail sways while running or using the elliptical.
- sneakers: I use Nike free run 4.0’s for working out in the gym and Brooks running sneakers for running or working out outside. The Brooks sneakers provide more support and stability for running outdoors.
- SHORTS (I despise working out in pants.): I usually wear spandex or spandex with shorts over them so that no matter what I’m doing, nothing is showing. Even if I plan on something like running, I may end up doing ab workout so I want to make sure everything is covered.
Some things that I do to make sure I work out that day, is by setting out my athletic clothes somewhere I will see them multiple times throughout the day so then I’m more likely to plan ahead and make time for it. I also like having a workout buddy(this has been especially utilized while I’ve been in college); my roommate and I go to the gym and different classes together. Usually at least one of us is hesitant to go to the gym that day, but the more motivated person usually encourages the other to come. I also joined a fitness club at my school where you get free training. I haven’t yet been trained but I am super excited to start!
These are just some of the things that I do, and maybe you’ll find something helpful. Even if none of these things work for you, you just have to find ways that makes working out 10x more exciting.
What are your fitness essentials and tips?