Starting today I am going to eat as clean as possible. I’m writing this two seconds after I randomly decided to do this. I’m actually really excited! (It has now been two months since I originally wrote this, and I’m still eating clean for the most part.)
I generally eat clean anyway, but I want to clean up my diet even more. Along with this, I’m still going to continue my workout routine but with cleaner eating to find out the results.
- Stick to a plant based diet.
- If you feel like you want carbs…chances are your body probably wants them. That’s okay, just make sure it’s within reason.
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat slowly. If you eat slowly you will be less likely to over-eat.
- No processed foods.
- You can have small treats a day. It helps to get you started on eating better. Then, slowly start removing the sweets.
- Try eating more veggies and fruit than non fruits and veggies. Think of your classic portion sizes.
- If you end up cheating, don’t beat yourself up. Just pick up where you left off.
You got this!
I have now been trying to eat exceptionally clean for the past two months, and yes I have had a cheat meal or even a few cheat days in a row. However, I am still making progress with every decision to eat cleanly. The way I eat is based off of what has been working for me and on research I’ve done. I just thought I would share my eating clean journey with you guys, in hopes that something I’ve been trying might work for you. It’s a process to eat clean, just take baby steps.
How did you start eating clean?