Sometimes it can be difficult to try and inspire people through words. Inspiration is often something you feel that is sparked by something you see or experience. Because of that, i decided to create a few social media sites to try and get your inspiration-craved minds rolling!
- As of right now, the inspireafeeling Instagram page is a work in progress. Currently there are updates on when posts are posted. However, I think I want to make it more than that. I’d like to post things such as pictures and quotes to inspire people but I don’t want to start until I know exactly how to do it in the right way.
- As I’m sure most of you know, Pinterest is a great resource for inspiration. I decided that this would be one of the most beneficial sources of social media to use! I repined many pins to try and inspire you in a multitude of areas! I hope you enjoy!
What would you like to see on the inspireafeeling social media sites?
Here are some hacks off of Pinterest. They may not seem like college hacks, but I am using each of these hacks in college. So really, they can be college hacks because I want them to be.
I saw one hack, where you take an old tick tack container and keep bobby pins in it. You could even decorate the container if you wanted. Love the idea and it works awesome. You can just shake out the amount of bobby pins you need for quick access. Plus it is great for on the go.
Another, is cleaning your shoes with nail polish remover and a cloth. Q-tips work awesome for small corners. My results are shown in the pictures below. Keep in mind, this is four years of wearing these sneakers without cleaning the white plastic parts of the shoes so some dirt is forever going to stay there. But you can really see the difference! I bet if you started to clean your shoes consistently like this, they would be easier to clean each time. By the way, yes, I know there is actual shoe cleaner that does the same thing. This is cheaper, and I don’t have to keep as many supplies in my room if I can use nail polish remover for both cleaning my shoes and my nails(when cleaning the shoes I poured nail polish remover into another container so there wasn’t any cross contamination).
I have to participate in a bake sale for my fitness club that I’m in where we have to make healthier recipes. I don’t feel like buying oil, spices and everything else needed to make healthy cookies for just one day. So I found this recipe that works awesome for that and I already have some of the materials.This recipe is great, because a lot of it you can use for other things and it won’t just sit in your closet until you get home from college. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup of coconut
- 1 cup of no bake oats
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of flax seed
- 1/3 cup of honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- and you can add Chia seeds and chocolate chips to your liking
You can also try taking a paper plate and making it into a container. This is nice if you make a few of these ahead of time so you can grab one, fill it with your snack and go! I usually use tupperware containers, but this is nice if you want to send someone with snacks but are worried you won’t get your container back. The directions are shown below.
I had so much fun trying all these hacks and I hope that they’re helpful!!